Pepper Chocolate Privacy Conditions
I. Types of Information PEPPER CHOCOLATE collects.
We use the non-personal information collected through technology for a number of purposes, including tracking and enhancing your experience on our site. We also may use the information gathered by technology to analyze the traffic patterns on our site, such as the frequency with which you and others visit various parts of the site. We may send HTML e-mails to you if you’ve registered with PEPPER CHOCOLATE, and those e-mails may contain data or routines that allow us to determine whether you have opened those e-mails, clicked on links in those e-mails or forwarded those e-mails to others.
We may disclose aggregate, anonymised statistics about the number of visitors to this site or number of purchases made as required by our investors. We use an independent measurement and research company to gather data regarding the visitors to this site on our behalf using cookies and code which is embedded in the site. Both the cookies and the embedded code provide statistical information about visits to pages on the site, the duration of individual page views, paths taken by visitors through the site, data on visitors' screen settings, and other general information. PEPPER CHOCOLATE uses and stores this type of information, along with that obtained from other cookies used on the site, to help it improve the services to its users.
We do not knowingly collect or store personal information from children under 13, even in aggregate. If we learn that we have done so we will endeavor to delete such personal information as soon as possible.
II.How we use Personal Information
Except as described below, we will not sell, rent, license or transfer your personal information to any third party.
· We may provide your personal information to third parties who assist us in providing services to you, including fulfilling orders placed through the site – for example, shippers, warehouse operators, customer service providers, credit card issuers, or others involved in fulfilling orders you place on the site, or in responding to inquiries you make through the site.
· We may also use your personal information to send you promotional materials about goods and services we offer. If you have made a purchase from our store we may occasionally update you on our latest products, news and special offers via e-mail, post & telephone. You will also be given the opportunity to receive such communications from us and selected third parties when you become a member of PEPPER CHOCOLATE. These materials and information may be sent to you by postal mail, e-mail or other means. As described below, you may opt out of receiving these communications.
· We may also take personal information and make it non-personally identifiable. We may, for example, remove information from your personal information that does not identify you - for example, your age or gender – or we may combine elements of your personal information that do not identify you with non-personal information of other users of our site. Our use of this depersonalized or aggregated information is not restricted.
· If we are under a duty to do so, we may disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of business, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of PEPPER CHOCOLATE, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
III.Communication & Marketing
If you have made a purchase from our store we may occasionally update you on our latest products, news and special offers via e-mail, post & telephone. You will also be given the opportunity to receive such communications from us and selected third parties when you become a member of PEPPER CHOCOLATE.
All PEPPER CHOCOLATE members have the option to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties. If you do not wish to continue to receive marketing from us and/or selected third parties you should opt out by visiting 'Your Details' in 'Your Account' on the PEPPER CHOCOLATE website. You can access 'Your Account' once you register and login. Or click on the "unsubscribe" link in any email communications which we or our third party partners send you.
IV.Physical Transfers of Personal Information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the region in which you live. For example, if you are located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), your information may be transferred and stored outside of the EEA for the purposes described above. Personal information may also be processed by staff, operating outside the area in which you are located, who work for PEPPER CHOCOLATE or one of our suppliers. Such processing may, for example, be required in order to fulfil your order, process your payment details, or provide support services.
V. Other Disclosures of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our group of companies for the purposes of processing your order or where necessary to provide any other service which you have requested. As a result, in addition to the disclosures described in Section II, we may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that PEPPER CHOCOLATE sells or buys any business or assets; or
- if PEPPER CHOCOLATE is merged or otherwise combined or consolidated with another business, its equity is sold, or substantially all of PEPPER CHOCOLATE’ assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data which we hold about our customers may be transferred to the acquiring party.
VI.Third party sites
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
VII.Checking your Details; Opting Out
If you wish to verify the details you have submitted to PEPPER CHOCOLATE you may do so by contacting us via the e-mail address or address given below. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will take the form of your e-mail address and password submitted upon registration. You must therefore keep this information safe as you will be responsible for any action which we take in response to a request from someone using your e-mail and password. We would strongly recommend that you do not use the browser's password memory function as that would permit other people using your terminal to access your personal information.
The security and confidentiality of your information is important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access and improper use. From time to time, we review our security procedures. Despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
PEPPERCHOCOLATE.com (at the address below) is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act).
You have the right to access the information which PEPPER CHOCOLATE holds about you and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
We are always pleased to hear from our customers (even if it is a complaint!). We are always grateful for any time you spend providing us with the knowledge we need to ensure our customers are completely satisfied - we want you to return to the site and to recommend us to your friends and family. If you have any questions or feedback about this statement, or if you would like us to stop processing your information, please do not hesitate to contact a customer service member of the PEPPER CHOCOLATE team, who will be delighted to answer any questions you may have.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|